Philip Smith Signature Series w/Piano Accompaniment
One of the finest players ever to first buzz a mouthpiece in The Salvation Army band program is Philip Smith. Introduced to the cornet by his father, the legendary cornet soloist and bandmaster, Derek Smith, Philip built his musical foundation through Salvation Army band and music camp programs, then refined his skills at New York’s prestigious Juilliard School of Music.
Since his graduation from Juilliard, Philip has established himself as one of the world’s finest trumpet players, first with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and then with the New York Philharmonic.
This Philip Smith Signature Series features music performed by Philip with the New York Staff Band of The Salvation Army on the critically acclaimed recording My Song of Songs. We are also pleased to offer a Piano Accompaniment Bonus CD as part of this publication which features the artistry of Kevin Norbury. It is our hope that this music will bring pleasure and blessing to performers and listeners alike.
- Standing on the Promises (Douglas Court)
- A Gaelic Blessing (Mark Freeh)
- Joshua Swings the Battle (Stephen Bulla)
- Blessed Lord (Lloyd Scott)
- Only One Intention (Ray Steadman-Allen)
- Georgian Song (Balakireff, arr. Ralph Pearce)
- My Song of Songs (Joseph Turrin)