Eastern Territory Staff Songsters Mission Statement
The mission of the Eastern Territory Staff Songsters is to:
- Glorify God and share the gospel of Jesus Christ through song;
- Lead people into the presence of God through singing and encourage others to use their voices to sing praise to the Lord;
- Provide musical support for major Salvation Army public events;
- Provide local Salvation Army corps with quality musical leadership;
- Provide a high standard of performance and recordings to increase public awareness of The Salvation Army and its overall mission to reach the world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
A Salvationist who wishes to become a Staff Songster must be active and in good standing in his/her own corps. It is expected that he/she will be involved in music activities of the corps, unless excused by the Executive Officer after consultation with the applicant’s Divisional Commander.
The procedure to apply for membership is as follows:
- Express interest in becoming a member by filling out the application below.
- If deemed appropriate, the Executive Officer will seek approval of the Corps Officer and Divisional Commander to hold an audition.
- The applicant is interviewed by the Executive Officer and the Staff Songster Leader. An audition will be conducted by the Staff Songster Leader and/or other members of the Songsters.
- The Executive Officer makes her recommendation for membership to the Chief Secretary.
- The Chief Secretary appoints the applicant to the Staff Songsters.
Officers are appointed to Staff Songster membership as deemed appropriate by the Chief Secretary, following consultation with their administrative officer and recommendation of the Executive Officer and the Staff Songster Leader. All other criteria for membership apply to officers appointed to the Songsters.