1 Praise the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens. 2 Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.
3 Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre, 4 praise him with timbrel and dancing, praise him with the strings and pipe, 5 praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.
6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.
Praise the LORD.
For more than 30 years the Salvationist Star Search program has helped young musicians grow in their abilities, grow in their confidence, and grow in their relationship with the Lord. We are excited to continue this tradition with a second volume of brass solos.
This new edition is complete with twenty new solos divided into categories based on difficulty, range, and length. A new addition to this collection is the inclusion of four primer level solos that can be used for those players who are just getting started.
A wonderful feature of this album is that each composer has some connection to the USA Eastern Territory. They are either originally from here, work here currently or have spent time in the Eastern Territory.
Demonstration and accompaniment recordings are available at music.saconnects.org and will certainly help with preparation and performance. We are happy to have three fabulous musicians featured in these recordings. We are grateful to Andrew Garcia (Cornet & featured composer), Philip Broome (Euphonium), and Yalin Chi (Piano) for their participation. All three are current members of the West Point Band and have shared their abilities to provide a great tool for musical development.
These solos will be used for our annual Salvationist Star Search, but, more importantly, will provide a great resource to soloists featured in worship on a weekly basis at your corps, bringing honor and glory to God.
Derek W. Lance Territorial Music Secretary
- Leaning (Arr. James Curnow)
- O How I Love Jesus (Arr. James Curnow)
- Peace Like a River (Arr. James Curnow)
- Burning, Burning (Arr. James Curnow)
- Seek Ye First (Arr. Eric R. Dina)
- Take Time to Be Holy (Arr. Hollie Ruthberg)
- The Day Thou Gavest (Arr. Harold Burgmayer)
- Teach Me How to Love Thee (Arr. Fred Mbesi)
- Crown Him Lord (Gavin Whitehouse)
- My Trust (Arr. Thomas Mack)
- Give Me Jesus (Arr. Jelani K. Weekes)
- Prelude on “St. Francis” (Edward Mylechreest)
- St. Margaret (Brian Bowen)
- Pastorale (Andrew Garcia)
- More Grace (Blacklands) (Arr. Karen Krinjak)
- The Cross (Simon Morton)
- Everywhere (Arr. Joel Collier)
- O Church, Arise (Arr. Kevin Norbury)
- 19. Variations on “Richmond” (Stephen Bulla) 20.This Is My Father’s World (Bruce Broughton)
Bass clef and alternate soloist parts for trombone are available from the Music Department website.
Download Accompaniment and Demo tracks here: